VOLUNTEER WITH US
Outsiders TNR is solely volunteer and donation based. In addition, every volunteer is appreciated and we can always find a place for you to fit in where you will enjoy what you do. With a team effort we continue to take great strides in making healthier communities!
TRAPPING TEAM MEMBERS
Trappers work with colony caregivers who request assistance via our online form. Trappers plan with the caregiver, provide pre-trapping instructions to caregiver, claim weekday appts provided by us based on your availability, trap cats and overnight cats/transport to volunteer overnighting and return the cats to their home after surgery. (3-day process within 20 miles of Tulsa City Hall, your choice of area to trap in.) We provide training & equipment to all trappers!
The fundraising team will collectively brainstorm ideas, make connections with local businesses, apply for grants, help plan events, & execute ideas, with board oversight. Experience not required.
BARN CAT PLACEMENT VOLUNTEERS
Once barn cat adopters are approved by a member of our board, the BCP volunteers help set up enclosures at the adopters home. Adopters are typically within 50 miles of Tulsa but if the volunteer likes road-trips and wants to travel further, that will help with placement of cats. We provide training & all equipment.
OTNR VOLUNTEER TEAM MEMBERS
Some other duties we need assistance with that make everything work is transportation of donations, cutting trap covers, (wo)maning events, writing thank you letters, transporting cats, cleaning equipment & assisting with Shelter A Cat program. This is strictly based on your availability and however much time you want to put into it each month.
While we continue to grow in need by our communities, we must grow our volunteer team. We are seeking committed, reliable, motivated & compassionate volunteers who are excited to make an impact in the lives of cats through TNR! Together we are making a difference through this one-of-a-kind organization!
I, the Volunteer, desire to work as a volunteer for Outsiders TNR and engage in the activities related to being a volunteer for various OTNR activities and projects. I understand that the activities may include but are not limited to traveling to and from various activity locations, handling animals belonging to various rescue groups and shelters, performing various types of manual labor, and other work as necessary and agreed to by the Volunteer and OTNR.
I hereby freely and voluntarily, without duress, execute this Release under the following terms:
1. Waiver and Release. I, the Volunteer, release and forever discharge and hold harmless OTNR and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from my work for OTNR.
2. Insurance. The Volunteer understands that OTNR does not carry or maintain, and expressly disclaims responsibility for providing any health, medical, or disability insurance, in the event of injury, illness, death or property damage.
3. Medical Treatment. Except as otherwise agreed to by OTNR in writing, I hereby release and forever discharge OTNR from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my time with OTNR.
4. Assumption of the Risk. I understand that my time with OTNR may include activities that may be hazardous to me, including, but not limited to working with animals, loading and unloading of materials, and local transportation to and from the activity sites. So, I recognize and understand that my time with OTNR may, in some situations, involve inherently dangerous activities.
5. Photographic Release. I grant and convey unto OTNR all right, title, and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by OTNR or local and national media during my work for OTNR, including, but not limited to any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
6. Other. I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Oklahoma in the United States of America, and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Oklahoma. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of the competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable.